Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Whitey Ford Return

After previously receiving my Whitey Ford card back only to find that he signed the penny sleeve, I sent it to him again explaining the situation and hoping he'd sign the card. I mailed that on December 6th. Today I received it back. I nearly had a heart attack when I opened it, as it looked like it had been signed several times. I then realized that this time he did sign the card, and he also signed the rigid holder the card was in! Maybe it was another close call? Anyway, now I know not to use any type of card holder when sending to Mr. Ford. I still have a 2008 Goudey I'd like to send. I haven't made any progress cataloging the TwinsFest autographs. Yesterday my wife bought me another wardrobe from Ikea for the basement. I spent last evening assembling it and got it all done except for the doors. The rest of the week is busy so I don't know when I'll get back to either the wardrobe assembly or the TwinsFest items.

No comments: