Friday, December 05, 2008

Oh No.


Well, at first I was excited to see the small padded envelope waiting for me in the mail today. Whitey Ford! So, I opened it up and there was a nice blue signature across my 1965 Topps. It was in a penny sleeve, inside a top loader. As I removed the card from the top loader, my heart sank. The signature moved across the card.

I've read about this happening to other people, but it couldn't happen to me, could it? Especially with Whitey Ford, who must sign hundreds and hundreds of autograph requests just like mine. But yes, Mr. Ford signed the penny sleeve, not the card itself. Ugh. I paid $40.

I'll send it back tomorrow with a note explaining what happened and hopefully he'll sign the card for me.

On a brighter note, Johnny received Al Kaline on a 2000 Fleer Greats of the Game. They are great cards and Johnny is trying to get 20 of them signed to fill a baseball card display for his wall.

No comments: