Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Killer


With TwinsFest coming up, I'm trying to make sure I have everything I need in order to make the best of it. Several Hall of Famers (Killebrew, Carew, Molitor) will be signing for only $25.  This is about one-third of what they charge at "normal" shows.  TwinsFest is a fund raising event for the Twins Community Fund and a ramp up to Spring Training to get the fans excited and buying tickets.

My older son and I are big Harmon Killebrew fans and are carefully planning what we'll get signed when we see him.  Today in the mail I received a Killebrew rookie card I bought on eBay.  I plan on having Mr. Killebrew sign this card at the event.  I also have a 1968 Sports Illustrated poster that I would like him to sign.  If my wife happens to stand in line with us, she can get one of them signed for me.  Otherwise I'll try to make it to more than one of his signings throughout the weekend.

I've scanned in the card I received and posted it here.

I also have a Sports Illustrated poster of Rod Carew and Tony Oliva, so hopefully I'll have a nice display of Twins posters when I'm done.

I also received an email today of some upcoming main-in signings in March and April including Lou Brock (I need a '65 Topps signed), Bob Gibson (maybe a 1961 Topps?), Red Schoendienst (another 1961 Topps), Jim Palmer and Earl Weaver.  I'm sure I'll send in at least 2 or 3 of these guys.

1 comment:

Mac Noland said...

I also love the Killer. I'd be interested in seeing his signed rookie card after Twin's Fest.