Tuesday, December 30, 2008

One Return and Basement Purchases


Today in the mail I received one response. Stan Williams signed and personalized a 1960 and 1968 Topps. On one card he added the years he played for the Twins, even though it wasn't a card with him in a Twins uniform. Mr. Williams has signed for me in the past and always personalizes the cards. He has written, "To Rog", "To Roger", and on one of these cards he even wrote "To Roger P.". On Monday, I sent out 8 requests, including 2008 Goudeys to Al Kaline and Rollie Fingers.


Today my wife and I did some shopping while my boys were at an Al Newman Holiday baseball clinic (which they really enjoyed). We happened to stop at the Twins Pro Shop in Apple Valley and it looked like they had just received a fresh batch of the banners that they hang outside of the Metrodome with players on them from last season. They are about 6 feet tall and about 2 feet wide. I couldn't resist and bought one of Michael Cuddyer and one of Francisco Liriano. I had my eye on one of Mike Redmond but didn't buy it. While driving away, I got about 2 blocks and decided to go back and get it.

These are going to look great hanging in the basement, once I get it all done and have inspired me to get going on the basement cleanup so I can get more painting done and get them hung up.

No comments: