Monday, January 12, 2009

Blyleven Falls Short in Hall Voting Again


Another year, and no Bert Blyleven in the Hall of Fame. I was mostly right in my post back in December, predicting that Jim Rice would get in and that Bert wouldn't. I thought Andre Dawson and Bert would make a bigger jump, but they didn't really. Ricky Henderson was elected, of course. No surprise there.

Well, since I have Jim Rice's autograph on a baseball (pictured), that increases my Hall of Fame collection by one. I was hoping Bert's autograph would increase it by two, but I'll have to wait.

One return in the mail today. Bill Davis signed his 1965 Topps rookie card for my collection.

I also ordered a new TV for the basement. A 40-inch Toshiba LCD. Now I need a new TV stand that matches the basement and can fit the TV and hopefully hold a bunch of games and dvds.

1 comment: