Saturday, January 10, 2009

More Progress on the Basement and Some TTM Returns

My wife and I worked on the basement quite a bit today. The boys even helped out some. We sanded down all the patches we made to the holes in the walls, washed the walls a couple of times, and put the first coat of paint on. Tomorrow we'll put the second coat of paint on and this will leave me with just two very small walls to paint and the painting will be complete.

I also bought some short, black curtain rods to hang the Metrodome banners on. Unfortunately, they only had two of the type I wanted so I'll have to drive to the next town over to another Target to get the third rod.

I'm still watching the prices of lcd TVs and am hoping for a nice Super Bowl sale this week so I can replace the gigantic 32" CRT that is currently in the basement.

I also got back three requests today:

Woody Woodward signed a 1965, 1966 and 1970 Topps for me.


Rollie Fingers signed his 2008 Goudey for his $10 fee.

Phil Niekro also charges $10 to sign cards, and signed his 2008 Goudey for my set.

I mailed the 1959 Topps I got back from Robin Roberts yesterday to Billy Pierce. That will be a nice card when it's complete.

No comments: