Monday, January 05, 2009

TTM Return Today


After a bit of a dry spell, I got a request back in the mail, my first of 2009. Ray Rippelmeyer signed his 1961 and 1962 Topps for me. He also wrote a nice letter about his career in baseball after his playing days, which I asked about in my request.










I also received a 2008 Goudey signed by Jack Morris that I bought on eBay. This is the "Goudey Graphs" card, which means the card company (Upper Deck) had Morris sign the card so it's authenticity is assured. I bought it for less than I'm sure his fee will be at TwinsFest, so I can get something else signed instead. Probably a ball.


My sons and I saw Jack Morris at a card show at Har Mar Mall in August of 2007. I had him sign a bobblehead. My sons had him sign baseballs. Johnny bought a 1991 World Series ball from a vendor at the show to have him sign, which I'm jealous of. I should have done the same.

No comments: