Friday, December 15, 2023

Tim Foli Return After 1199 Days

I received a nice surprise in the mailbox today.  I received a return from Tim Foli after a three year and three month wait.  I never mark a request as a failure, and this is why.  You never know when a request may be returned. 

He has a 71% success rate on SCN, but he has a very spotty return record for the length of time he takes.  He was very consistent until about 2010.  Since then, many SCN requests are still outstanding, while some are returned in a couple weeks, and others are returned after a few years.  I'm really happy to get this one back!



I had sent my request to an address in Tennessee, but this return came from Florida.

He was also kind enough to enclose a signed magazine-like page with photos on one side and some career information and a religious message on the other. 

I would like to add him to my 1971 and 1972 sets!  He has two cards in the 72 set, and both are high numbers.  I'll see if I can get some affordable ones and give him another try ttm.  There was a mail-in signing this summer.  That would have been a good time to send to him and I'm not sure why I didn't.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I received a return from Cubs pitcher Kyle Hendricks over 3 years after I first mailed out. You never know!