Saturday, December 30, 2023

Felix Torres Private Signing Return

I sent three cards to a Felix Torres private signing that took place in Puerto Rico.  I had to wait to send this until I received the 1962 Topps I bought on Ebay.  I thought I'd still have plenty of time, but my package took 10 days to get from Jacksonville, FL to Puerto Rico.  Luckily, the signing didn't occur on the exact date the promoter had listed on SCN, so my cards got signed.  They charged $12 per card.




I sent to him ttm back in 2015, when he signed a 1963 Topps for me.  The pen he used wasn't the best, so the card I just got signed is a nice upgrade.  

Looking at his ttm history on SCN, he has an 87% success rate. His most recent return was over three years ago, with only a couple requests since then.  The most recent request was sent in February of 2021.  I don't think I have any other cards to get signed by him, otherwise I'd try a ttm request again.  He has a 1963 Jell-O card, which is very similar to the Post card.  The Jell-O card has a slightly different crop on the photo, and shows part of his hands on the bat.  I might see if I can find a cheap Jell-O card and try a ttm request.

The 1962 Topps is a high number card, so it's hard to find one for less than $20.  Mine has a bigger crease than I was expecting based on the scan in the Ebay listing, but it was listed as Poor/Fair, so I guess I got what I paid for.  I didn't have any time to try to upgrade the card either, as time was already running short getting my cards in.

No comments: