Thursday, December 21, 2023

Sandy Alomar Sr. Private Signing Return and a Dave Winfield Purchase

I think I'm full up on my Sandy Alomar Sr. needs now, after receiving four more cards signed by him from a mail-in signing earlier this month.  The 1975, 1976, 1978 and 1979 Topps cards I got back today join the 1965, 1971, 1972 and 1973 Topps cards I had signed by him in January of 2021.  

Maybe I missed a leader's card, or someone else's card on which he happens to appear.  I only sent in cards for the sets that I work on.  For some reason, I've never decided to collect any of the sets from 1966 to 1970.  I have gotten a few Twins players on their 66's, but never decided to pick one of the entire sets from those years.





And I received a 2022 Allen & Ginter signed by Dave Winfield, mostly because he is pictured as a Twin on this one.  Tom Orr was having a Holiday Sale on SCN, and I got this for a pretty reasonable $30 shipped.

Hopefully, Joe Mauer will soon join his fellow St. Paulites in the Hall of Fame, including Winfield, as well as Molitor and Morris.

No comments: