Friday, December 29, 2023

More Purchases

I didn't receive any ttm returns today, but I did receive a few purchases that I splurged on and justified as Christmas presents to myself. 

I added Wally Post to my 1958 Topps set.  This is a tough card since the background is black.  Every card I've seen that he has signed looks just like this:  blue ballpoint across his body.  There are several around eBay right now where the pen appears to have skipped a bit in the last name.  There was one about a third less expensive than this one, but it looked like he only wrote the "P" in his last name.



I also bought a 1954 Topps signed by Clem Labine.  He passed away in 2007 and I had only sent a request to him once (in 2003).  I'm not sure why I didn't send at least one more request to him since he has a 61 Topps and this card that I would have loved to add to my collection.



Finally, I bought a Hall of Fame postcard signed by Rick Ferrell.  This was a relatively low-cost way to tick off this Hall of Famer for my collection.  I don't specifically collect these postcards, and have never sent one out ttm, but I enjoy it when players include one for me with my request (such as Brooks Robinson and Bobby Doerr sent me).  I have also purchased a few that I thought were good deals.


No comments: