Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Luis Arraez Purchase and Brian Harper Signing Return

I bought three Topps Heritage Luis Arraez-signed cards from a fellow SCN member.  I haven't been to TwinsFest for several years, so I missed my opportunity to get any autographs from him in person.  



Speaking of TwinsFest, they appear to be having just one day for autographs again.  It used to be all three days.  When it was held at the Metrodome, it was an amazing event.  We got a lot of autographs and got to meet a lot of players.  And not just Twins players.  Retired players such as Bob Feller, Rollie Fingers, Maury Wills and Phil Niekro are a few I can think of off the top of my head.  I probably won't go to TwinsFest again unless they change it back to having more autograph sessions.  I think that is extremely unlikely to happen which is sad.  I'm glad I got to experience the good years.

I also received a Brian Harper signed poster from a mail-in signing.  


These posters are a little tough to transport.  They are on pretty heavy paper which can't be rolled up.  It would bend and crease if you tried to roll it.  The size is odd too.  7" x 18".  I have a box that I received them in when I purchased a bunch of them unsigned.  The box is the perfect size, so I have used it for each poster I've mailed to be signed.  It's getting a little beat up but is still usable. 

There are 14 posters in the set.  In addition to Brian Harper, I have Chuck Knoblach, Kevin Tapani, Shane Mack, Kent Hrbek and Mike Pagliarulo signed copies.

Kirby Puckett is in the set and is the only player that has passed away, so I still have to get Rick Aguilera, Chili Davis, Scott Erickson, Greg Gagne, Dan Gladden, Tom Kelly and Jack Morris.  None of these are too hard but could be a little expensive.  Since one side is 18 inches long, I sometimes get charged a higher rate than an 8x10.

2 comments:

Crocodile said...

Great cards of Arraez. I'm a big fan of Arraez and have bought a number of his auto'd cards.
I have several of those posters too, but not the complete set. I've often thought about getting them autographed but I just don't like toting those around. And you're comment about Twinsfest is spot on. It just isn't what is used to be. I don't like the way it's arranged at Target Field. Kind of wish they'd move it down the road to the convention center.

Droidtrader said...

The convention center would be great! There were rumors that they'd move TwinsFest there after they tore down the dome, but I suppose they want fans to experience the ballpark and get fired up for the season.
My older son and I went to the convention center for the All Star Fanfest in 2014 and it was a great venue for that!