Thursday, December 28, 2023

Justin Morneau Return and Jackie Jensen Purchase

I received a very nice surprise in the mailbox today!

Justin Morneau signed both his 2011 Topps Heritage cards for me in beautiful, blue sharpie.  I sent this request on July 1, 2021, so it took about 2.5 years.



I knew this was an old request when I saw the sase in my Informed Delivery with a C-3PO stamp on it.  I don't even remember ever using these Star Wars stamps, but the droid series was released in May of 2021.  

I also received an Ebay purchase of a 1958 Topps Jackie Jensen card.  

I already have his All Star card from this set.  Only 98 more cards to go to complete this set.

2 comments:

Vintage Football Card Gallery said...

I wonder what finally prompted Morneau to sign and return the cards. Did he say to himself, hmm, it's either clean the garage, fix the toilet, or sign that stack of cards on my desk? Congrats on getting them back, and with such sharp signatures. That had to be a great surprise.

Droidtrader said...

Yeah, I always wonder the request went through before being returned. He's probably gearing up for the Twins Caravan and went into the office. The sase was postmarked from Minneapolis, so he probably sent it from the ballpark too.

Oh well! I'm really happy to get them. I'm 3 for 3 with him. My previous requests were in 2003 and 2004. I also sent to him when he was playing for the Rockies through their charity program and paid $25 per at that time (2014).