Saturday, January 29, 2022

Blyleven, Morgan and Shamsky Returns

Yesterday I received three returns.

Bert Blyleven signed his 1973 Topps nicely for his $20 fee.


I've got most of the cards I want from Mr. Blyleven.  I haven't decided if I'll pay $20 for some of his 80's cards when he was on other teams.  I may also try to upgrade a 1972 Topps that he signed in thick, black sharpie at TwinsFest in 2012, but again, I haven't decided if I want to spend $20 on an upgrade.

95-year-old Bobby Morgan signed his 1953 Topps and a Rowe Picture Card for a $10 donation to St. Jude's Children's Hospital.  I bought the Rowe Picture Card on eBay.  I don't know anything about them.  His name and team are printed on the back, but there is nothing else.  No date, stats, copyright.  The card is smaller than a standard baseball card.  About the size of a '52 Bowman.  It appears to have been hand-cut, as the edges aren't very straight.  Does anyone have more information about them?


Finally, Art Shamsky signed his 1971 Topps.  The ballpoint pen is a little light, but I didn't send a fee, so beggars can't be choosers.  I seem to be saying that a lot lately.

I have about 20 requests out, as well a couple private signing items.  I have a handful of cards to send out from recent eBay purchases as well.  After that, I might do a quick scan through the recent returns on SCN for the sets I'm working on to see if any tough signers have started signing again and then start working on the easy signers on some sets from the 80's (1983, 1985 and 1987).

I decided not to set any specific goals for this year.  Last year was busy and expensive, so I want to slow down a little, or at least spend less, this year.  I do want to send out more magazines, balls, and oddball stuff, but I say that almost every year.

No comments: