Tuesday, January 18, 2022

More Vintage TTM Returns

I already had six out of the seven items signed that I received today, but in almost all cases I 'd rather get a duplicate card from the 1958 set than a new card from a 199x set.  I suppose I'd take a Hall of Fame player from the 90's, but you get my point.  I'm not sure what that means for me and this hobby in the next several years when there are no longer players around from the 1950's and 60's, but we'll worry about that then.

Many of these cards are also upgrades to either the previous signature or card.  That doesn't always work out, but it did today.

Jack Curtis signed his 1962 Topps for me.  This is the only card (and player) that I did not yet have and adds another card to my collection of cards with the Topps All-Star Rookie trophy on them.

Bud Daley signed his 1958, 1961, 1963 and 1965 Topps.





And Al Weis signed his 1964 Topps (with the Topps trophy) and a Ron Lewis 1969 Mets postcard, to which he added his jersey number.


No comments: