Sunday, July 04, 2021

Q2 2021 Goals Update

Happy 4th of July!  I'll take this pause in the mail schedule to update my goals for the second quarter of the year.

Goal:  Add 10 cards to my 1965 set.

    Progress: I've added eight signed cards from the 65 set so far.  Up from three in the first quarter.  This one shouldn't be a problem.

Goal: Add 25 cards to my 1971 set. 

    Progress: I've already surpassed this one.  I've added 49 cards, up from 32 in the first quarter.  Some were purchases, but many were ttm.  

Goal:  Add 15 cards to my 1972 set.

    Progress: I've added 15 cards to this set.  So this one is complete.

Goal: Add 50 cards to my 1978 set.

    Progress: So far I've added 39 cards to this set, up from 19 in the first quarter.  This should be easy to get done, even without spending  much money.

Goal: Add 5 signed baseballs to my collection.

    Progress:  I am at three.  One ttm, and two purchases I haven't posted about yet.  I"m confident I'll get this one done.

Goal:  Add 5 signed magazines to my collection.

    Progress: I've added three so far, up from one in the first quarter.

Goal: Send out 200 requests.

    Progress: I was couple short as of the end of June, but am now at 206, so this goal is complete.


I also picked up a couple projects as the year has progressed.  I don't have any specific goals, but I've been working on the 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1977 Pepsi Discs, and 1983 Topps sets.



3 comments:

GTT said...

I'm interested in starting to send more ttm requests, and I'm wondering if you send yours in penny sleeves. It sounds like you do, but I've heard people having complaints about the ink smudging, so I'm wondering if you have a problem with that.

I enjoy reading your blog, keep up the good work.

Droidtrader said...

Thank for the kind words.

I do not use penny sleeves on my requests any more. I had used them occasionally in the past, with more expensive cards, but had trouble with players signing the penny sleeve instead of the card.

I take my chances by not using any time of card holder. I have had very few cards damaged in shipping. I'm sure it's just a fraction of a percent, and I don't have to worry about smudging or having the sleeve itself signed.

Good luck!

GTT said...

Thanks!