Saturday, July 03, 2021

Four Returns

Today was another pretty good day for returns.  A little odd, but 15 more cards, just like yesterday.

The odd part was two players each didn't sign one of the cards I sent, but one player included two extra signed cards.

Jim Beattie signed his 1979, 1983 and 1985 Topps.  He didn't sign, but he did return his 1987 Topps.  Although I do see s return of four cards on SCN, looking at his history, he seems to max out at 3, and return the rest unsigned.  I didn't notice that when I sent it out.




Barry Foote signed the 1976, 1978, 1979 and 1983 Topps I sent.  He also signed and returned a 1981 Donruss and 1982 Fleer.  There was no note or anything, so I don't know if this was a mistake, or a kind gesture, but I'm happy to have them.







Steve Hargan signed his 1968, 1969 and 1976 Topps.  He didn't sign, but did return, the 1975 Topps I enclosed.  I see plenty of returns where he's signed 4 or more cards.  The 1975 Topps has a facsimile signature on it, so maybe he thought he already signed it?  Or perhaps just an oversight.




Finally, Nyjer Morgan signed his 2008-2010 Topps Heritage cards.  I know this return doesn't exactly fit my normal requests, but I had noticed some returns on SCN and I had some Heritage cards of his, so I sent them out.  I really like the Heritage sets so I'm happy to have these.  I'm not quite sure what his inscriptions are.  Maybe his jersey number, then a smiley face, on top of a "T"?




It will be at least a couple days now before I get another return due to the holiday on Monday.  I think tomorrow I'll update my goals for the year now that we're at the half-way point.

No comments: