Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Claude Raymond - 1971 Topps

I received just one return today. Clause Raymond signed his 1971 Topps in black sharpie.

Mr. Raymond lives in Canada, so in addition to his $5 fee, I enclosed $2 to cover the return postage.


I decided I needed to get going on some 1978 Topps to make sure I met my goal for the year.  I'm only about nine shy of my goal of 50, but why procrastinate?  I sent out five requests today before running out of envelopes.  

I'm really running low on free signers, not only on the 1978 set, but also on the 1971 set.  I don't think I will have a goal for either of those sets next year, but will work on them as I notice players who start signing when they haven't been reliable in the past.  That's what SCN is great for, and has really helped me jump on the bandwagon when spotty signers start signing.  You have to watch the returns pretty closely and consistently, but it pays off.

I think it's time I take an evening and go through all the sets I collect, and see if there are any players that have started signing lately.

No comments: