Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Will Tony Oliva Be Elected To The Hall of Fame?


No returns today. Depressing. Starting to get a little nervous about some of the items I have out. I sent out seven more requests early this week so I should have some returns next week.












I read an article today about the Veterans Committee ballot for the Hall of Fame. The vote will be announced December 8th. The article highlights some impressive accomplishment for Oliva: 8 All-Star appearances in his first 8 years, 3 American League batting titles, a Gold Glove Award and The Sporting News AL Player of the Year twice.



My kids and I have met him several times and he has always been very nice. He has also signed through the mail for us. We would be very happy to see him elected, although I think it has been a while since the Veteran's Committee elected anyone.

No comments: