Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday - 1 Return Today


Did you head to the stores today? I didn't. I checked out the ads and didn't see anything worth fighting the crowds for, or that I couldn't order online for the same price or less. I thought the retailers were supposed to be desperate this season, but it doesn't look like it so far.








I've got my eye on a couple different digital cameras and if the prices go low enough, I'll buy one, but I don't really need one so I can afford to wait. I would just like a smaller one than what I have to make it easier to take pictures of my kids at autograph signings. I also want it easier to use than what we have because we often mistakenly have the camera set to "P", "A" or some other ambiguous setting and the pictures turn out poorly. I think the wheel on the top of the camera gets moved taking the camera in and out of my wife's purse, my pocket, a backpack or wherever we stuffed it.


Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to see a return in the mailbox today. Jim Landis returned a 1959, 1961 and 1964 Topps that I had sent on November 12th.

I only have about a dozen requests out right now so things might be slowing down a bit. Next week I'll order some supplies for TwinsFest. Probably four full sized bats, a dozen mini bats, a dozen baseballs, and whatever cards we can find. I'm still looking for a good 8x10 of Denard Span.

No comments: