Friday, April 12, 2024

Former-Twin Jerry Terrell TTM Return

I received just one return today.  Jerry Terrell signed and personalized his 1975 and 1976 Topps and signed the 1974 and 1975 Twins team cards.  He also included a couple photocopies of his 1974 and 1976 Topps cards which he also signed and personalized.






His pen wasn't working great on many of the cards.  In the past, he didn't personalize anything, but he added bible verses.  I think I prefer the bible verses to the personalization.  I think the ideal scenario is when a player signs but doesn't personalize your cards, then includes a personalized item, like the pictures he enclosed.  Joe Garagiola used to do this.  Regardless, this was a generous return from him especially considering he doesn't charge a fee.






When I receive items back from players, other than the items I sent to be signed, I put them in a little basket by my desk.  Mostly, these items include the letter I sent on which the player has answered a question, or simply wrote me a short note.  Sometimes it's photocopied articles about them, or maybe an advertisement about a book they've written.  This little basket fills up fast, and I just keep stuffing things into the pile.  It usually seems like this can be done indefinitely, because the pile just grows and appears solid.  

Yesterday, however, there was a big shift in all of the items when I added something to it, and I thought it was all going to collapse.  I've quit adding to the pile and need to find some time to put all these items into plastic pages and add them to 3-ring binders.  It's a chore, which is why I don't do it often and this pile grows so big.



No comments: