Monday, April 01, 2024

Art Mahaffey and Rollie Fingers TTM Returns, Harrelson and Killebrew Purchases

The mail continues to be VERY slow lately.  I see tracking updates from some eBay purchases that sit at centers, including Memphis and St. Paul, for days with no updates.

I received a package from Rollie Fingers today, which I Sent a while ago.  He signed promptly and returned it, but it took a while to get it back.  He signed his 1969 Topps rookie card, 1975 Topps World Series Summary, both 1983 Topps and a 1985 Topps as well as a Hall of Fame postcard for his $15 per autograph fee.  I think I have all the Rollie Fingers autographs I need now, but maybe there are some multi-player cards I haven't discovered yet.







And Art Mahaffey signed a 1963 Pitching Leaders and 1963 Philles team card for his $10 per card fee.  Even though there are only seven autographs on it, I am considering retiring this team card.  It has one deceased player (Mel Roach) and a couple who may have stopped signing according to SCN.  I'll double check who I have left to send it to, and unless they are automatic, I'm going to hold off on any more attempts.


I impulse-bought this Harmon Killebrew-signed 2005 Diamond King relic card.  I don't normally like the sticker autographs, but this one seemed cool with the bat and jersey relics alongside the autograph.

And finally, I bought a 1994 Ron Lewis 1969 Mets postcard set, which included a signed Bud Harrelson card.  Apparently, some of the sets came with one signed postcard, and it includes a COA of sorts from Art Shamsky, which seems a little odd.  I have one of these postcards to an Art Shamsky signing to upgrade the one I have.  This Harrelson is also an upgrade to the one he signed for me back in 2011 in fine, black pen.


No comments: