Monday, August 28, 2023

Five More TTM Returns and Ken Griffey Sr. Signing Return

I had another big day at the mailbox today.  While my Informed Delivery showed four ttm returns, I actually received five.  I also received a couple Ken Griffey Sr. signed cards from a mail-in signing.

I sent in a 1975 and 1978 Topps for the Griffey signing.



Don Buford signed his 1965, 1971 and 1972 Topps as well as added the eighth signature to the 1965 White Sox team card.  I included $20 with my request. 




I already had him sign the 1965, 1971 and 1972 cards, but that was back when he didn't charge $5 per card, but he personalized everything he signed.  These are nice upgrades to those personalized cards.

Frank Kostro signed the 1963 Tigers and 1970 Twins team cards, as well as his 1965 and 1969 Topps.  Again, I already had the individual cards signed by him, but I usually figure while I'm sending a request, I might as well make it worth my time and the postage cost.  




If the player signs multiple cards, which I can tell by looking at the successes on SCN, I'll send up to four cards if I have them.  Or I might buy a few more of the player's cards to make sure I have four cards.

Danny Murphy signed his 1962, 1963 and 1970 Topps as well as a 1970 Topps Buyback card.  The 1970 Topps got smeared, and his pen skipped a bit on the 63.  You guessed it, I already had the individual cards signed by him, and really wanted the buyback card signed,




Bill Stoneman signed his 1971 and 1973 Topps as well as the 1972 and 1973 Expos team cards.  He is the first to sign both of these team cards.




Finally, Luis Tian signed his 1971 and 1973 Topps for his fee of $10 per card.  The 1971 Topps is a nice upgrade to one he signed in black sharpie for me back in 2004.  I didn't have the 73 yet though, so it's a nice addition to my set.


I still have a 65 and 78 Topps he signed in black that I might try to upgrade at some point.


I've been sending out a bunch of requests lately.  I've sent 62 so far in August.  I also sent some items out for mail-in signings today.  I'm excited to get them back.  I'll post them when I get them of course.  The players are former-Twin Brian Harper, former-Twin and Hall of Famer Jim Kaat, and former-Twins' first base coach Jerry White.

No comments: