Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Eddie Fisher Return After a Dry Spell

 It's been over a week since I received a return, but I received one today.  I've also sent about 40 requests in the last week, so helpfully they'll start rolling in soon.

One of those 40 requests was to Eddie Fisher, who signed his 1960 and 1970 Topps, as well as the 1966 Topps League ERA Leaders cards that was already signed by McDowell and Siebert.  He didn't sign the 1965 Topps I included, but he did return it.  I'm not sure if he overlooked it, or purposely didn't sign it.  The returns on SCN show that he doesn't seem to sign duplicate cards, but that wasn't the case here.  I have sent to Mr. Fisher several times over the years, and in one other case, he didn't sign a couple team cards I sent.  That seems to happen occasionally with other players too, although they'll sign them on subsequent requests.  Perhaps they forget if they've signed it already since there are already several signatures on them.



No comments: