Tuesday, August 08, 2023

Bobby Wine and Jim York TTM Returns as Well as a Vintage Purchase

It took over three months to get this Bobby Wine return, but that's not unusual for him.  He has a very high return rate on SCN, but he can take a couple weeks, a couple months, or even over a year to respond.  Since I included a few team cards, I guess I'm lucky to get these back as soon as I did so I can send them on to other players without too much delay.

He signed the 1961, 1963 and 1965 Phillies team cards as well as his own 1965 Topps.  Mel Roach signed the 1963 team card and passed away during the time the card was out to Bobby Wine.  I'll be more careful about who I send this card out to and will only send it to players who are very dependable and quick signers.  That list is pretty short, as many of the players from this team are already deceased.  I think that leaves Art Mahaffey and Clay Dalrymple, who both charge to sign.  So, this card might be retired.



Jim York's return only took 19 days.  He signed his 1972 Topps as well as his 1972 Topps 50th Anniversary buy back card.  He also answered a question in my letter.


I bought three vintage cards from a fellow SCN member, including a 1958 Bob Cerv, a 1962 Dave Giusti and a 1959 Johnny Kucks.  I didn't have this Kucks card yet, and the other two are upgrades to what I've previously received ttm from these players.



No comments: