Sunday, October 30, 2022

Four Returns From the Weekend

I left town Friday morning and arrived home today to find four ttm returns waiting for me.  This was no big surprise since I had seen them in my daily Informed Delivery emails.  I know I mention this service a lot, and I promise I get no compensation for promoting it, but I really like being able to see what awaits me in the mailbox, especially if I have to wait until the afternoon to actually get the letters themselves.

Another nice feature of the service is that I know which day the returns arrived in my mailbox, so I can keep accurate recordkeeping of my requests and the day they arrived back to me.

Anyway, on Friday I received a return from Paul Popovich, who signed his 1973 and 1975 Topps for his $5 per card fee.


Also on Friday, I also received a return from George Stone, who signed his 1969, 1973 (Hi#) and 1976 Topps.  He did not return the 1975 Topps I had sent.



On Saturday, former-Twin's coach Scott Ullger signed his 1984 Topps.

Finally, and also on Saturday, Bill Stein signed his 1983, 1985 and 1986 Topps.  I had sent these cards to Mr. Stein just a few weeks ago, and he answered a letter in my question, but did not sign the cards.  I explained the situation, so he didn't think I was double-dipping, in case he recognized my name from my last request.



I also received 10 purchases from Ebay, which contain mostly team cards from 1958, 1961, 1963 and 1965.  There are also a few individual player cards to send along with these team cards when I send out the requests.  I have neglected the team cards from the sets I collect, and this will be a good way to make some progress on my sets without spending too much.

No comments: