Friday, October 14, 2022

Five Successes and a Failure

I haven't received six SASEs back in one day for quite a while.

One of them was a failure, however.  Someone was kind enough to return the three cards I had sent to Pete Burnside back in April of 2021.  Mr. Burnside passed away in August of this year.

Larry Christenson signed his 1977, 1979 and 1980 Topps.  He did not return the 1976 Topps I had sent.



Gene Garber signed his 1974, 1975, 1977 and 1979 Topps.




I included a $10 per card fee with my request to Manny Sanguillen,  who signed his 1971 and 1973 Topps.


Frank Thomas included a signed, homemade card along with the 1959 Topps I sent.  I had enclosed $5.


And Bump Wills added another card to my Topps All Star Rookie trophy card collection by signing his 1978 Topps that I sent using Past Pros.  I believe it was about $13, including the Past Pros fee.

I learned that Bruce Sutter passed away yesterday.  He was only 69 years old.  Apparently, he had been struggling with some health issues for quite some time.  I can't point to any reliable source that confirms that, just some conversation on SCN.  I have a couple cards out to a promoter who had a signing planned with him for early next month.  




No comments: