Friday, October 21, 2022

Bill Melton Return

I was starting to wonder about this request to Bill Melton which I sent on August 1st, but he came through for me, generously signing his 1972 Topps A.L. Home Run Leaders card as well as his 1975 and 1976 Topps.



Norm Cash is deceased, so I'll never finish this card.  And I think there are several other Reggie Jackson cards I'd get signed before this one.  If I could complete it, I'd give it a higher priority, but I think this card is as complete as it's going to get.

As I collect sets, I take a very loose definition to a card being done.  I try to get at least one player to sign each card.  I'll get more if I can, but I strive to get at least one on each card, including team cards.  I have several team cards from my 1958 set that I don't have signed, so I'm starting to try to get moving on them before there are no players left to sign them.  It's getting tough!

No comments: