Monday, October 31, 2022

A Private Signing and TTM Returns

First, I received a failure from Ron Lolich, who returned my 1971 Topps unsigned with a kind of confusing note that he wants to sign for $5 to the MLBPAA.  That part I get, but he notes where to send the donation, with his name in the memo section of the check or listed on a separate piece of paper.  It wasn't clear if I also include the card with that donation, or if I'm to send the card back to him, and the MLBPAA will give him a list of donors that he can sign for?  Not really sure.

Lowell Palmer signed his 1972 Topps high number card for his $10 fee.

Former-Twin Tony Fiore signed his 2003 Topps for my team set.

And Joe Borowski signed his 2004, 2005 and 2007 Topps Heritage as well as his 2007 Allen & Ginter.




I also received a return from a mail-in signing with Larry Hisle, who signed his 1970 Topps (with the Topps All Star Rookie Trophy), as well as his 1971, 1973 and 1975 Topps.





I received another 10 orders from Ebay today as I try to get moving on the team cards from the sets I collect from the 50's and 60's.  It's confusing to try to match the team card with cards from players since the team card is for the team from the previous year than the year of the card.  For example, the 1958 Topps card of the Baltimore Orioles pictures the team from 1957.

No comments: