Monday, May 02, 2022

Steve Swisher Return and Lou Brock Purchase

I had ordered a bunch of Billy Williams cards in anticipation of the Sports Spectacular in Chicago this June.  I was going to mail them in, which costs $5 more per card, and they charge $15 for return shipping, but I thought I'd get a bunch of cards done.

His fee has been between $29 and $49 at the last few private signings I saw listed, so that price would determine how many cards I'd send in.  However, the price turned out to be $89!  Add the mail order fee and return shipping, and that's $109.  So, I won't be sending in any cards to that signing.  Hopefully there will be another, more affordable signing soon.

Today I received a TTM return from Steve Swisher, who signed his 1975, 1977, 1980 and 1983 Topps for me.




And I received a purchase from an SCN member.  He had a handful of Lou Brock-signed 1978 Topps, so I bought one to add to my set.

No comments: