Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Rocky Colavito and Darrell Evans

I'm hoping to get returns every day this week. So far, so good, with two returns today.

I finally broke down and sent this 1959 Sport Magazine to be signed by Rocky Colavito.  His fee is kind of expensive ($55), but when I was looking through my box of unsigned magazines, this one stood out.  It's in great shape with no label, the picture of him on the front is nice and it's not cluttered with other pictures or too much text. 


I included a blue sharpie with my request, and used sticky notes to indicate where I'd like it signed.  I don't normally request a specific location to be signed, especially if there is no fee.  But for $55, I felt like I was justified in making the request.  He signed it exactly as I asked, and in only 11 days.

This is the fourth magazine I've gotten signed this year.  My goal is five.

I also received a nice return from Darrell Evans, who signed his 1975, 1976, 1979 and 1983 Topps in a little under two months.




2 comments:

GTT said...

$55 for Rocky Colavito? What? He's not even a hall of famer.

Droidtrader said...

Yep! I know, that's why I don't have many of his autos in my collection. He used to do signings for less than that. And it's $55 regardless of the item, so that's why I sent this magazine, and not some cards that I'd still like to have him sign.