Friday, August 13, 2021

Former-Twin Bob Gorinski - 1978 Topps

I received one return today.  Bob Gorinski signed his 1978 Topps for me in about three weeks.


The 1978 Topps set is really the only set I collected as a kid when it came out  I bought wax packs at the drug store after church on Sundays.  I didn't follow baseball very closely then, but I was definitely familiar with the players.  I mainly wanted to get cards of Twins players from those packs, and it seemed like  every pack had either Mike Cubbage or Butch Wynegar in them.  I was happy to get these guys' cards, but how many do you really need?  Oddly, I don't remember Mr. Gorinski's card.



It might be because he didn't actually play in 1978, so I didn't recognize him from whatever games I might have caught on TV, and wouldn't have heard his name on TV.  He only played 54 games in 1977, which was the only year he played in the majors.

No comments: