Thursday, August 12, 2021

Dan Norman Return and Rocky Colavito Purchase

A few weeks ago I saw Juan Berenguer at a small card show and had him sign his 1979 Topps rookie card.  Then I sent it off to  Dwight Bernard, and finally to Dan Norman, who signed it nicely along with his 1980 and 1983 Topps cards.



I included a $5 donation and he wrote and signed a short note thanking me for the donation that he gives to his church.

I also received an Ebay purchase from a reputable autograph signing promoter.  I bought a 2000 Fleer Greats of the Game signed by Rocky Colavito, for much less than his usual $55 fee.


I really like this set for some reason and have been working on it for a long time.  I don't expect to complete it.  In fact, you can't really complete it because it includes players who were deceased before the set was released.  This set contains some certified cards, with a sort of mustard-colored border like this Bruce Sutter card:


The unsigned cards have a dark maroon-like color.  I really like the photos on these cards and the way the images sometimes overlay the border, like on this Bill Mazeroski card that I got signed in 2017:


The set is full of stars and Hall of Famers, and I've been fortunate to get some really nice returns through the mail.

The first card from the set I got signed was Bobby Doerr back in 2003, shortly after I started this hobby.


I was able to get Rod Carew to sign his card for free before a Rochester Red Wings game back in 2010,  when I was in Rochester, New York for work.


Hank Bauer was a great signer and I sent to him many times in the early 2000's, including this card in 2005.


I've got a few over 50 of these cards signed, not including the certified versions I own.

No comments: