Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Brent Strom and Lewis Thorpe

I received a return today that wasn't in my Informed Delivery email this morning (and also wasn't the one from yesterday).  A nice surprise.  The envelope was folded pretty badly, but luckily the cards weren't damaged.

Brent Strom signed his 1976 and 1978 Topps for me.  It took a little over a month, but this was another case of the sase coming back from a state other than where I sent it.  I sent to an address in Arizona, but it was postmarked from Florida.  This probably explains the delay in the return.


My sase that was in my Informed Delivery email yesterday but didn't show up in the mailbox showed up today.  As a suspected, it was from Lewis Thorpe, who signed his 2020 Topps Heritage.  Brusdar Graterol is with the Dodgers now and I don't see any ttm returns from him since the summer of 2019.  I'll need to see him signing regularly before I risk sending this to him.  

It sounds like Thorpe might trade some time in the Majors with Randy Dobnak, with the other being rotated to the Saints.  I'm happy to have gotten a few returns back this spring.  With no TwinsFest this year, I have no other options to try to get these signed. 

I didn't take many risks this spring, but so far I have gotten back Lewis Thorpe, Jose Berrios and Cody Stashak from Spring Training, and Randy Dobnak and Mitch Garver before the season started.




I also sent a Spring Training request to Taylor Rogers and one to Rich Hill in care of the Tampa Bay Rays.  I haven't seen any returns from either of them listed on SCN this spring, but maybe they'll get around to it.

No comments: