Saturday, March 13, 2021

A Brian Dozier Spring Training Return Sent Five Years Ago and Bobby Valentine

I saw the old stamp on my sase in my Informed Delivery email this morning and hoped it was from Brian Dozier.  I knew it could be Dozier because the postmark was from Mississippi, and he's the only player I can think of that lives there.

It turns out it was the 2015 Allen & Ginter I sent to Brian Dozier at Twins Spring Training in 2016.  Dozier has retired now so I guess he's catching up on his mail.  I'm impressed that he kept his mail even after moving to three other teams after his time with the Twins.  He won a World Series with the Nationals in 2019.

I also sent him a request last spring to his home address, so maybe I'll get that one back too.  It also includes a 2015 Allen & Ginter as well as a 2015 Topps Heritage.

I also received a return from Bobby Valentine, who signed his 1971 Topps in about three weeks.

No comments: