Sunday, December 07, 2008

Stocking Up For TwinsFest

No mail today, of course. I didn't write any requests either. I planned to last night, but I don't really have many cards to send out. Instead, I ordered some "supplies" for TwinsFest.

If you click on the link to see the TwinsFest information, you have about a 1 in 4 chance of seeing a picture of my son with Joe Nathan from last year's TwinsFest (shown here). They randomly display a bunch of pictures and once in a while Johnny is there reaching to get back a magazine that Joe signed for him. Actually, it was signed for me. Johnny and I were sitting in Paul Molitor's line and we were very early, probably by about two hours. We heard some people saying that Joe Nathan's line was nearly empty. Johnny had already had Joe sign something the previous day, so he ran down to get my magazine signed while I held our spot in the Molitor line.


Anyway, I ordered six Twins mini batting helmets from a guy on eBay. The dark blue helmets look really sharp when signed with silver pen. Last TwinsFest, Johnny and I got each got one signed by Tony Oliva, and David got one signed by Nick Punto.

I also ordered 6 Rawlings "Circle R" bats. They are pretty plain, full-sized bats that are good for autographs. Last year I got Paul Molitor and Harmon Killebrew to sign this type of bat. Of course, I ordered a dozen Rawlings Offical Major League Baseballs (romlb), the only kind of ball to use when getting autographs.

Finally, I ordered 10 Rawlings mini-bats. These are great for mid-level players to sign as they are less than $5 each, yet look pretty nice when signed. They also don't take up too much room if you end up with a bunch of them in your collection.

No comments: