Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bombo!


Today I received a couple of returns in the mail. First, a contact over at SCN arranged to have a Bombo Rivera signing. Remember Bombo? He was an outfielder with the Twins in the late 70's. I remember watching him when I was a kid, along with Mike Cubbage and Butch Wynegar. For $6 each, I had him sign a 1978 and 1979 Topps.

I also received a couple cards signed by Andy Pafko. He signed a 1954 and 1956 Topps for me.




There's not much else going on. The baseball news is slow, especially for the Twins. It's looking as if they may not make any moves to bolster the team at third base or the bullpen with a new set up man to replace Neshek. I'd say we need the pitcher more than the third baseman. I just hope they don't go out and try to revive another career...

2 comments:

swedeski said...

That Bombo card from 78-79 used to be one of my all time favorite cards. I don't know why, it just was. Cool to see it again. This one and one of Butch Wynegar standing with his catcher gear on, don't know what year.

swedeski said...

The Butch Wynegar card was from 1980, Topps #304 (a little online research). Awesome.