Tuesday, December 09, 2008

More Returns Today


I may have to change my opinion of Tuesdays, as I have received some returns the last few.

Today I received Bobby Shantz on a 1961 MVP card, similar to the Al Rosen card I got back yesterday.

I also got back Ray Washburn on a 1962, 1963 and 1965 Topps.

TwinsFest tickets went on sale today. I was ordering my tickets online when I noticed that the only "Delivery Option" available was Will Call. I certainly didn't want to pick up my tickets at the Dome, so I called the Twins ticket office to see what the deal was. They didn't know why the web site was only offering that option, but they took my order over the phone. It turns out, if you order your TwinsFest tickets over the phone, you don't get charged the $1 per ticket fee, so I saved about $8.

I noticed they changed their policy this year. Last year, for every TwinsFest ticket you bought, you were able to trade it in for a Upper Club ticket to a non-premium game. This year, you can trade in your TwinsFest ticket for a buy-one-get-one-free Upper Club ticket. So, that's a bummer.

2 comments:

Mac Noland said...

if you order your TwinsFest tickets over the phone, you don't get charged the $1 per ticket fee - Do you think they ever looked at the economics of this?

Anonymous said...

Doesn't make sense, does it? Then again, why do you pay a $2 ATM fee to use a machine, but if you go to the bank and get the help of a person, you pay no fee?