Thursday, July 20, 2023

Ray Culp - 1964 Topps Stand Up

Ray Culp was kind enough to sign his 1964 Topps Stand Up to bring my signed collection of this set up to 26 cards.  Just 51 more to go.

This may be the last one I receive ttm, since the remaining players that sign don't sign ttm.  I may be able to get players like Boog Powell and Joe Torre via private signings.  In fact, I have their cards all set to go.

I had sent one in to a Bill White signing, but that signing was cancelled due to his health.  I'm not sure if I'll have another opportunity to get that one signed or not.

Then there's Mays and Koufax, who are also remaining in my 1958 set, which I doubt I'll ever get signed for either set.

Ron Hunt wants $50 a card, and then appears to provide a pretty poor signature anyway, so I guess he really just doesn't want to sign autographs.

Finally, I guess I might be able to get Yaz, but doubt I'd pay for both the expensive card and his expensive signing fee.

I sent out eight requests today, so hopefully things pick up a bit.  I also hope to be able to keep the momentum going and send out some more requests this week and into the weekend.

No comments: