Monday, July 10, 2023

15 Years of Procrastination

I received two TTM successes today.

Barry Moore signed his 1967, 1969 and 1970 Topps.  He also signed a 1970 Topps Buy Back card and the 1971 Topps White Sox team card.  I included $10 with my request.  He charges $5 for one card, and $10 for 2-5 cards.  So, of course I had to get my money's worth and send five cards.

He also wrote me a short note answering some questions I had asked in my letter, which he signed as well.





I also received a return from Bob Tolan.  I had been procrastinating sending to him due to his $15 per card fee, despite needing him for several of my sets.  I finally decided that I would really regret not sending to him should I miss the opportunity, so I sent two cards and $30 cash.  I have more to send, but didn't feel comfortable sending more than $30 in cash, so I started with his 1965 Topps already signed by Dave Dowling, and his 1972 Topps.


I sent the 65 Topps to Dowling back in 2008, so I procrastinated for 15 years before finally sending this out!

I would also like to send him his 1971 Topps, and a 71 Topps card commemorating the NL Playoffs in 1970 on which "Tolan Scores for the Third Time", with a photo of him crossing the plate.

No comments: