Wednesday, July 05, 2023

Gary Bell TTM Return

 After receiving an RTS from him in May, today I received a success from Gary Bell.

Mr. Bell has been a very generous signer over the years.  This was my fourth success from him since my first request back in 2007.

He signed his 1959 and 1960 Topps for me, as well as the 1961 and 1963 Indians team cards.




In May, I sent the request to his address in "Wikenburg", AZ.  That was what was listed on SCN.  After I received the RTS, I confirmed that the city actually has a "c" in it, so it's spelled, "Wickenburg".  I'm a little surprised that this misspelling would cause an RTS, and maybe it didn't.  There were a handful of other RTSs noted in his returns on SCN, and most people have listed the city as "Wikenburg" as their request address, but that doesn't mean that's what they actually wrote on the envelope.

Anyway, I'm happy to get this back.  I'm not sure if I'll send out the 1961 Indians team card again.  It's getting full and I'd hate to lose it after getting nine signatures on it.  The 1963 Indians team card only has five signatures so far, so it's got room for several more.

No comments: