Friday, December 09, 2022

Ted Bowsfield TTM Return

Today I received a great return from Ted Bowsfield.  He signed the four cards I sent him and also answered a question in my letter, wrote me a short note wishing me good luck with my collection, and signed it.  As part of answering my question, which was about the pitch clock they are implementing in the majors next year, he noted that he pitched a complete game in 1961 that only took an hour and 33 minutes!

The cards he signed include his 1959 and 1960 Topps, as well as the 1963 Angels team card, and the 1965 Athletics team card.  The 63 team card was already signed by Don Lee, and Mr. Bowsfield is the first to sign the 65 A's card. 





Mr. Bowsfield had signed his 1959 and 1960 Topps cards for me in the past but used black ink.  These cards are a nice upgrade signed in blue ink, with his jersey number added as well. Here are the cards signed in black ink.  They are still nice cards and signatures, but I prefer the blue ink.




No comments: