Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Falling Behind

For some reason, I'm having a tough time keeping up with my returns.  It's not like I'm getting a lot of them, but I just don't find the time each day to post them.

I didn't receive any today, but on Monday, I received two ttm returns and one mail-in signing return.

The mail-in signing was Fergie Jenkins, who signed his 1966 Topps rookie card, as well as his 1973 and 1975 Topps.



I received a nice return from former-Twin Mitch Garver, who signed his 2021 Topps Heritage as well as a 2021 Topps Heritage relic card.  I had sent this request to Rangers' spring training back in March.  I am 4 for 4 with Mr. Garver.  Twice, including this return, it has taken almost a year to get it back, and the other two were much quicker.  Not many current players are as generous signers as he is.


The final return on Monday was from Doug Rau, who signed his 1973 and 1975 Topps, as well as the 1973 and 1975 Dodgers team cards.




Yesterday (Tuesday), I received three ttm returns.

Jim Palmer signed his 1973 Topps "KP", which is what this small run of cards is referred to as, or "Kid Photo".  He also signed his 1976 Topps.  I included $20 with my request.


Larry Burright signed his 1962 and 1963 Topps as well as the 1963 Dodgers team card and the 1965 Mets team card.





Finally, Joe Hicks signed his 1961 Topps.  It looks like he accidently marked the card with the pen under his signature.  He didn't sign the two team cards I enclosed, however.

No comments: