Thursday, November 10, 2022

Felix Mantilla and Bob Speake Returns

It has been a surprisingly slow week so far, but I received two returns today.

Felix Mantilla signed his 1957 and 1959 Topps for his $5 per card fee.  There was a small, crescent-shaped chunk of the bottom of my sase gone on the bottom edge, which also included the bottom left corner of the 59 Topps inside the envelope.  I don't know if this is part of the machinery used to sort the mail or what, but I've never seen it before.  It was a very clean cut, so it wasn't just a tear or snag on something along the way.


And Bob Speake signed his 1956 and 1958 Topps, as well as the 1958 Topps Cubs team card.  He had his wife (according to the letter) type up a half-page note to me in response to a question in my letter as well.



I have a lot of requests out so hopefully the returns pick up soon.

 

No comments: