Monday, June 06, 2022

Seven TTM Successes, One Failure and a Purchase

I can't remember the last time I had eight TTM returns in the same day.  It's been a long time.

Unfortunately, one of the returns was a failure.  I Sent a 1960 Topps to Maury Wills along with a $10 bill.  It came back in my sase unsigned with the $10 bill, which I ripped when opening the envelope!  I saw a couple other failures on SCN from Wills, but also many successes, including successes where he signed this card.  I may try again with $20 to see what happens.  The 1960 Topps is a 1959 World Series game #5 card, showing Luis Aparicio stealing second base with Maury Wills covering the bag.  It is a pre-rookie card for Wills, who I think has a 1963 Fleer as his official rookie card.  Anyway, I'll try it again after I see if I can figure out what might increase my chances.

The purchase I received was a 2017 Allen & Ginter signed by Byron Buxton from an SCN member.  I think Buxton has a lot of potential, if only he can stay healthy.  That's a big if, apparently.

To save me time and work, I'm going to skip listing my successes again, and just show the cards.  I'll highlight the Cepeda return however, who not only signed my three cards for a $30 check made out to him, but he also answered a question in my letter!  I included $15 with my Maxwell request, and $10 with the Campaneris request.























No comments: