Saturday, June 04, 2022

Jack Heidemann Return and a Large Purchase

Jack Heidemann signed his 1975 and 1977 Topps for my collection.  Both cards ended up with a crease in the upper left corner, unfortunately.


I also received some Ebay purchases from auctions that ended on Sunday.  All of these cards were sold by Tom Orr of Atommic Sport, who I have trusted with countless mail in signings over the years.  I went a little overboard, but I honestly didn't think I'd win all of the auctions.  I feel like I got a very good deal on these cards, but the total added up quickly.

For those players that sign ttm, these purchases were cheaper than their fees, with the exception of the two Cepeda cards, which I paid a couple dollars more than his fee and the postage I would have spent to send to him, but I removed the risk of not getting them back, or getting a bad signature, etc.

For those that don't sign ttm, the cost was far cheaper than their typical private signing fees.  For example, I paid about $41 for the 1987 Topps Eddie Murray card.  I f I had sent this card to Tom Orr for his last Eddie Murray signing in February, I would have had to pay $80, plus shipping both ways in padded envelopes with tracking, so probably a total of about $88 - $90.

I was surprised I won this many auctions, but I had bid on several more that I didn't win, which is probably a good thing.  There are eleven cards, so I'm just going to post the pictures rather than list them all.  The lot includes several Twins, which I'm especially happy to add to my collection.












1 comment:

GTT said...

Those are some high quality autographs! Nice.