Saturday, December 11, 2021

Bob Coluccio and Buck Martinez Returns

I received two returns today that both had quick turnaround times (seven days), especially considering they were to California and Florida (I'm in Minnesota).

Bob Coluccio signed his 1974 and 1976 Topps for me.  He also answered a couple questions in my letter and wrote me a brief note.


And Buck Martinez signed his 1977, 1979, 1983 and 1985 Topps.  The 1977 smeared a little, and the 1979 has a light area in the signature at the end of his name where there is some gum residue on the card.  




I had sent these cards back in October but they were all returned unsigned.  I didn't notice anything in his signing history in SCN that would indicate that he's hit-or-miss, or doesn't sign multiple cards, so I went ahead a sent them again assuming it was either an error on his part or perhaps some issue with the mail where the original request may not even have gotten to him.

I'm surprised how much of an impact a little gum residue can have on a sharpie.  I usually don't even notice it on the card when I send them out, but I've started being a little more careful on cards that I'm paying to get signed or for cards in the sets I'm collecting.  Here's a 1978 Topps I sent to Jim Palmer a few years ago that had some gum residue I hadn't even noticed until I got it back.  I'm still contemplating replacing this one by getting another one signed.

No comments: