Thursday, May 09, 2024

Dalrymple, Oliver and Torii Hunter

I finally received the baseball and bobblehead that I sent to a Torii Hunter signing, despite having received the bat I sent exactly a week ago.  The promoter shipped it pretty promptly, but the USPS was much slower on this one for some reason.

In addition to the bat, I sent it a Gold Glove baseball and his Twins Hall of Fame bobblehead.  I have a pretty decent Torii Hunter collection now, including a Metrodome banner, mini helmet, jersey, a few 8x10 photos, three baseballs, a bat, three bobbleheads and four baseball cards.  I suppose I could add a magazine or program/scorecard, but otherwise I think I'm set.



I received three cards back from an Al Oliver signing, who signed three cards for some sets I'm working on including the 1973, 1975 and 1978 Topps sets.



And Clay Dalrymple signed two 1964 Topps and a 1972 Orioles team card for me ttm.  I included $10 with my request.  He charges $5 per card, but I had offered the duplicate 1964 Topps for him to keep, but he signed and returned it instead.



I have 4 or 5 more mail-in signings to be returned and a couple dozen or so recent ttm requests I'm waiting on.  I say 4 or 5 because one signing (Angel Bravo) is to take place in Venezuela and has been delayed quite a while.  However, the promoter updated his SCN post just today stating that the signing may happen next week.  I hope so!  I sent a 1971 Topps already signed by Woody Woodward which would be cool to complete.

No comments: