Friday, January 26, 2024

Bill Mazeroski, Davey Johnson and Phil Regan

I was really looking forward to getting this Bill Mazeroski return, but I'm always nervous that sending larger, more expensive items may not turn out well, resulting in a waste of money.

But this one turned out great.  He signed a 1960 Pirates World Series program and added his HOF inscription as I requested.  I included $30 with my request.  I also sent a blue sharpie for him to use.  The scan makes his signature look like an odd shade of blue, but with my eyes, it's a very nice, dark blue as you'd expect from a sharpie.  Between this, and the odd staining on the Chili Davis ball I scanned, I need to look into my scanner setting to see if I can improve the colors.


Davey Johnson signed the 1972 World Series Game Two card.  I have had Brooks Robinson sign this one, thinking he was pictured, but after some research and advice from SCN members, I think this is actually Davey Johnson.  He also signed his 1987 Topps, adding the inscription without me having to ask.  I enclosed $10 with this request.




A couple days ago I mentioned I was waiting on some Phil Regan cards from a private signing, despite having gotten a return ttm.  They arrived today, including a 1961 Tigers team card (already signed by Charlie Maxwell and Ray Semproch), another 1965 Topps, and his 1971 Topps.



No comments: