Monday, January 22, 2024

TTM Returns and Some Purchases

I was out of town a few days and came home to a full mailbox.

I received four ttm returns:

Vern Law signed his 1952, 1959 and 1960 Topps.  As usual, he added several inscriptions to each.  I had the 52 already, but he signed that one in black, so I hoped he would sign this one in blue, which he did.  I included $30 with my request.



Jack Brohamer signed his 1973 and 1974 Topps, as well as the 1973 and 1975 Indians team cards.




Dennis (Denny) O'Toole signed his 1973 Topps rookie card, as well as the 1971, 1972 and 1973 White Sox team cards.




And Phil Regan signed his 1962 and 1965 Topps, as well as the 1963 and 1965 Tigers team cards.  This was another upgrade attempt, since my previous 62 and 65 Topps were signed by him in black.  I have some cards out to a private signing with Mr. Regan, which has been postponed.  I have since sent out these cards and had them returned before the private signing got completed.  I believe they are attempting to get that signing done in January still.  Mr. Regan is a pretty good signer ttm, with about an 80% success rate on SCN.  Still, I see many, seemingly random, requests listed there that don't get completed.  For that reason, I sent him team cards with no other signatures on them yet, just in case I didn't get these back.  I have both of these team cards with multiple signatures and I'm not sure what my strategy is going to be with them now.




I received several purchases as well.

I bought some cards from Tom Orr both on eBay and on SCN, including a 2008 Goudey Tony Perez, Rod Carew's 2022 Allen & Ginter, and both of Carlton Fisk's 1983 Topps cards.





I also bought about a dozen signed 1960 Topps cards which I will post tomorrow.

 

No comments: